Work with citizens' appeals, including individual entrepreneurs and legal entities, is carried out in accordance with:
- The Constitution of the Republic of Belarus;;
- The Law of the Republic of Belarus dated July 18, 2011 "On Appeals of Citizens and Legal Entities"; «Об обращениях граждан и юридических лиц»;
- The Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus dated October 15, 2007 No. 498 "On additional measures to work with appeals of citizens and legal entities." «О дополнительных мерах по работе с обращениями граждан и юридических лиц».
Appeals are left without consideration in case they
- are not presented in Belarusian or Russian;
- do not contain the surname, name, patronymic, residence address (temporary residence address) of the citizen;
- do not contain the full name of the legal entity and the address of its location, surname, first name, patronymic of the head or the person authorized in the prescribed manner to sign applications (for legal entities);
- contain text that cannot be read;
- contain obscene or offensive words or expressions;
- are subject to consideration in accordance with the legislation on constitutional legal proceedings, civil, civil procedural, economic procedural, criminal procedural legislation, legislation defining the procedure for administrative proceedings, legislation on administrative procedures, appeals are appeals of an employee to an employer or in accordance with legislative acts a different procedure for submitting and considering such appeals is established;
- the deadline for filing a complaint was missed without a valid reason;
- a second appeal has been filed and it does not contain new circumstances that are relevant for the consideration of the appeal;
- correspondence with the applicant has been terminated.
In accordance with subparagraph 1.1 of paragraph 1 of the Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus dated October 15, 2007 No. 498 "On additional measures to work with appeals of citizens and legal entities" (as amended on 13.11.2014) appeals (proposals, statements, complaints) from citizens , including individual entrepreneurs, and legal entities (hereinafter, unless otherwise indicated - appeal), regardless of which state body or other organization (hereinafter, unless otherwise indicated - organization) they entered, are initially subject to consideration in accordance with the competence:
- in local executive and administrative bodies, organizations subordinate to them, territorial subdivisions (bodies) and organizations subordinate or included in the composition (system) of republican government bodies and state organizations subordinate to the Government of the Republic of Belarus, other state bodies, other organizations carrying out their activities and located within the administrative-territorial unit, on the territory of which the issues set forth in the appeals arose;
- in other organizations, if the issues set forth in the appeals are within the exclusive competence of these organizations.